View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #16
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Not gonna care until it's official, but I can see Disney being mad that Ep.8 didn't do as well with merchandise and now Solo underperforming which is a bigger deal.

A more interesting topic than bashing Kathleen since we've done that enough in TLJ thread Is, what can Disney do to turn the ship in the right direction. I'm not even sure how they'd be able to get ME back on board 100% like I was before Ep.7, to me the damage is already done, similar to the DCEU. I'd definitely start by taking a break after Ep.9, hope JJ can salvage the trilogy somehow and then start with a new movie set in a totally different time and place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The prequels would have benefited from not being helmed by Lucas himself.
The guy's an idea man, not a showrunner.
They really should've just fixed his ideas for the ST from the layout they gave him. I mean most of the 'new' I love in TFA, it was the 'old' that I hated. I wanted Rey to be the main Jedi, I wanted to discover what had happened and how the world had changed, not go back to the OT. I wanted Fynn to also be a Jedi, no reason to only have 1 Jedi anymore.

The prequels have tons of bad things in it, but nothing came close to ruining Star Wars for me, Ep.3 tried hard but not enough. I could put up with the bad decisions, it's actually the Sequel Trilogy that's made me like the PT less, I mean if I don't want to put up with the ST crap why should I with the PT even if not as damaging?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote