View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #1337
IMJ
Emperor

Comic books are a mess and it all began with Quesada's liberalism with the publishing when he was EIC of Marvel. He's a talented guy but his throw any **** at the wall to see what sticks mentality only results in a wall covered in ****.

And as I see it - with each publisher initiative for larger sales, publishers are just distancing themselves from the readership more and more.

I know this is about the DC reboot, but as an industry example they are cancelling Iron Man -again- in December for a re-launch. It's a big deal to say that even I am done at this point. IMJ has meant "Ironman John" for twenty years online.

You can't even put a back issue collection together that makes sense anymore without pouring over a variety of mini-series-like volumes for the publication dates, and even then it's a mess.

The best thing publishers can do at this point is put every major book they have back to the original numbering because even the re-numbering with legacy numbering is offensive at this point. Then, put their head down in shame about the last 10 - 12 years of comics and just hope the readership sorts itself out from the publishing messes. Even niche-fan-favorite publishers ilke Valiant Comics only distributed an average of 4,500 copies of their entire publishing line in August. The low end of that was Livewire at 3,843 copies.

Any books DC has in the top ten are all Batman books, IIRC. An entire universe but the only thing they can sell reliably is something with Batman in it.

Last edited by IMJ; 09-20-2019 at 03:54 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote