View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its been a long time coming for these DVD releases, they started back in 2004 when the 2k3 series was only just entering its second season...and now we just completed them roughly 1 month before the Nick TMNT cartoon starts. So it took us an entire generation of TMNT and before ANOTHER generation of TMNT just to finish the original cartoon on DVD.
It is remarkable to think that we've seen the 2nd major era of TMNT animation come and go since Lionsgate started releasing these DVDs. Back in 2004, I honestly thought the first season release might be the only one they would release. I seem to remember that their original plan was to release The Epic Begins rather than the first 5 episodes until David Wise contacted them and advised them against such a stunt.

We've also seen Lionsgate release some incredibly cheap cover art.
They used rip-off 4Kids stock art on volumes 2, 3, 4, 6, Season 5, and Season 8.
(They even used the same Donatello image on three different covers and the same Raphael on Volumes 5 and Season 4.)
On the Season 7 set they started ripping off the 2007 movie poses.

I once thought that they were waiting so long to release Seasons 9 and 10 because they were awaiting Nick to release some new TMNT stock art for them to rip off on future DVD covers.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote