View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #123
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Finally got around to watching this episode. This was actually done way later in the season, production was the last one before the final arc of the show. Should be the first team Donatello episode that's aired so far. Team purple episodes are the ones I helped out on the least but I think I did some revions on this one.

Real fun episode that I would have liked to work on in theory, but I remember there was a lot of issues with new sets, characters, props, etc. Also so many shots with lots of characters probably meant slowed down machines. Add horses to the mix, it would still have been fun but yeah what a hassle that would be.

Usagi is always fun to see show up in TMNT, and he's great here too. He's a great warrior, cool design, and he's shown in a good way here. Kintaro I found annoying but in an intentional way, he was funny too and even kinda cute in that way pugs are. The turtles didn't stay under mind control long but they looked cool in the darkness with the white eyes and a nice little fight with Usagi.

The climax was a lot of fun though with the extended fight on horseback over the forest and mountain terrain. Real neat stuff that I tip my hat to team Donnie on that.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote