View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

Not much opinion on the pre-B:TAS shows, but the Filmation one was trash, even by 70's standards. Easily the worst Batman cartoon ever.

B:TAS, of course, is the best. It changed not only Batman cartoons, but animation as a whole. While some episodes have become dated, it still has some great episodes and iconic moments. This was the show that got me into superheroes as a whole, so I will be forever grateful to it.

TNBA was okay, but it only had two or three great episodes. The rest of it was just kind of dull. I did not like how cold this Bruce Wayne was compared to how he was portrayed in B:TAS.

Batman Beyond was fun, but I always consider it more of a Spider-Man cartoon. It still did a lot of cool things with what could've been a cheesy premise.

The Batman had a really strong season four and some good episodes sprinkled through, but on the whole, it's kind of mediocre. The writing was inconsistent and they liked to introduce concepts or characters just to dump them later. Not to mention the overuse of Joker and Penguin.

Batman: the Brave and the Bold was a lot of fun. Great aesthetic, fun characters, and expert use of the DC universe. I almost hesitate to call it a Batman show, due to how well it highlights other superheroes and villains.

Beware the Batman is incredibly underrated, and for some weird reason, probably my favorite. Sure, the backgrounds are kind of sterile, but it did take a lot of risks with the typical Batman formula to create something new. Not to mention, it's the first serialized Batman cartoon, and I can't believe it took this long for us to get one.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote