View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #70
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I was actually fortunate to catch Best Buy's listing for it when preorders went up for it around 1am, and I pounced, and hoped it wouldn't turn out to be like that Wal-Mart fiasco when preorders went up on their site, and then the preorders people put in were then canceled. I made it so they'd ship it to my residence. So hopefully they'll have enough for those who did preorder.

Despite my success of preordering from Best Buy's site, I still checked Wal-Mart's site and Amazon's site to see if they might have also started taking preorders. Someone at my job wants one too, and I thought of ordering two from Best Buy, but then I wondered if my order would get canceled for that later on. So at work, I told the person at my job to be on the lookout for preorders on retail sites. Then I got this text from GameStop around 1pm saying that you can preorder from them. That's when I went on my lunch break and went home to try to preorder at their site, since it's about a 10 minute drive from my building to my job. I did a search on their site, and no listing came up. that would come up was the same page where you submit your name and e-mail address so you can get updates, and there was no place there to click so you can preorder. Fortunately, there's a GameStop close enough to my building for me to walk to. When I got there, I might have been the sixth person to get on the line to preorder the SNES Classic. They started taking our information down for preorders in moments. They also said that they'd only be taking about ten preorders. So I should be good.

Since I live in New York, my other option would have been to go down to the Nintendo NY store in Manhattan very early, on the day of its release, and I'd have probably gotten one. I'm actually still prepared to do that if one of the orders I placed doesn't go through. Somehow, I think GameStop is more likely to make good on my preorder. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both.

I actually arrived back at work from my break 30 minutes late. I texted my supervisor to tell her that I have an emergency, to which she replied "No problem, take your time". I read it to the guys standing next to me, and they told me I have a cool supervisor.

I knew the preorders were supposed to go live later this month, but I didn't think they'd start as early as they did. I lucked out since I'll be going out of town this Saturday, and I don't know how the wi-fi is at the hotel where I'll be staying.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote