View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

I'll take "Token-But-Half-Hearted Show Of Basic Respect" over "Self-Centered Disruption", thanks.

When people who don't necessarily "romantically" love this country stand and salute the flag, they're at least showing basic respect to the country, the opportunities it provides, and those people who do "love" it. Nobody's hurting or "pestering" anyone.

When people who basically rape an entire country's economy despite contributing nothing of value refuse to salute the flag/anthem, they're saying that "Everything Is About ME. Pay Attention to ME. What I have to say is what's important. And if I'm hurting your feelings, GOOD." Which is plainly disrespectful and entirely self-serving. They only do it because they know it gets on people's nerves and they get off on the attention it brings them. Which makes them childish narcissists.

Flipping what I said around to try and prove your point simply doesn't work at all.
---------------

I do agree that although I hate the sport and everyone involved in it, the fact that the athletes with the highest risk of physical injury make, on average, the lowest salaries in American sports aside from hockey - snicker - while the NFL itself makes obscene amounts of money for, basically, keeping these guys on TV and out of jail, is disgusting. If they're going to be, frankly, stupid enough to play football over a relatively "safe" sport like baseball or basketball - where players make tons more money for reasons I'll never comprehend - they should at least be compensated at least as much, if not much, much MORE than the athletes in those sports, who risk far less serious injuries and tend to have much healthier lives post-retirement. I don't argue that and I talk about it with people alllll the time. The whole system is awful. Make no mistake, I have NO respect for the NFL as an institution, but they're 100% right on principle in this specific case. They're accountable to the shareholders and MOST Americans think this kneeling thing is bullsh*t. What are they gonna do? Ignore the complaints and the boycotts? I don't think that's realistic.

Like I said, if we wanna dismantle the whole system, great. I'll sign to that. Unfortunately, we're not talking about that, we're talking about the rights of pampered millionaires to act like disruptive, whiny babies on company time when they know for a fact it pisses a lot of people off.

Imagine that. "News Flash! Pro Athletes - Maladjusted C*nts." Who'da thunk it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote