View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A retro-styled beat 'em up with 2D sprites a'la Turtles In Time WOULD be a hit, as an indie download title. Fact.
It would be a "hit" in a niche market of aging gamers. It wouldn't move the needle in the way a new modern console installment would meaningfully, not even remotely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
This just proves how out of the loop you really are, you just live in your own little world and have no clue of what's going on in the video game scene, retro is the all the rage in the industry right now, even more so now that Sonic Mania managed to break the Sonic curse and the Crash trilogy being the best selling game for weeks in a row.
Where are the numbers? These retro hipster "I'm in my 30s or 40s and I miss when games were 8 bit and side-scrolling" games are cornering a niche market. They're super cheap to make so any of them being a "hit" is a relative term with them. There's no way, say, "Mega Man 10" is doing the latest "Assassin's Creed" numbers, or anything. There is 0 appeal to anyone outside of our approximate generation.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-21-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote