View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Wait until you reach the Hobgoblin Lives mini-series, trust me, your opinions are shared by one character in particular and there is a satisfactory pay-off.
I read Hobgolbin Lives #1-3 back in 2012 when I bought the series at a flea market,but I recently reread it between ASM#189 and Spider-Man vs Wolvernine. It never made much sense having Macendale hire another assassin to off Hobgoblin and drop his act to take on the other. Kingsley allowed Macendale to steal the identity until he got captured and revealed too much. I just can't take him seriously after that.

Quote:
It does. It's a bit weird to start out with, but there's a decent (albeit super dark and graphic) story that comes out of it called "Masques"
It seems like editorial did not know what to do with the character after he stole the Hobgoblin identity so this and the cyborg bits were attempts to make him a threat that never did much than add footnotes to Jack O'Lantern.

Spoiler:
Yeah, and even some of the stalker plotlines overlap other stalker plotlines

While I am not there yet as I looked ahead to the Return of The Sinister Six arc, she had what three stalkers? One, a security guard killed the apartment owner and threatened a super-fan of the General Hospital knockoff. Is it a way of saying Peter the loser got a super hot wife and people are jealous? Its the wrong approach! One stalker would have been fine but even after those three doesn't she get kidnapped around 2000 after thought to be killed in a plane crash. Does marriage have to be a soap opera?

Quote:
Without spoiling too much...yes.
Go ahead and spoil away!

I only have the entire rogues gallery of Spider-Man in clix form and read 312 issues of one title alone.