View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So, Andrew... who do you fault for the Green Lantern movie's problems? When I saw it, it wasn't terrible... not great, but definitely on par with some of the average MCU movies.
First of all, I didn't hugely dislike the movie. I mostly take umbrage as a Kyle fan that they literally gave Hal Kyle's whole personality while simultaneously doing both Krona AND Parallax ridiculously wrong.

Here is Krona:

And here is Parallax:

But they give us a midget (which Geoff made sure and retcon to emulate in the comics at the same time) and a space cloud. And then they merged them together in the first five minutes, lol

OK, but beyond that, not a bad movie. Sinestro was perfect. Kilowog was perfect. Oa was great. Hector Hammond was pretty solid. GL costumes were fine by me. The way the powers looked seemed sound.

So yeah. Not a great movie but hardly deserving anywhere near the level of hate it got. At some point it just became trendy to hate on it, like, "I hope this movie isn't as bad as the Green Lantern movie! LOL!!!" A second film could have adequately course corrected things and even dovetailed nicely with "Man of Steel."

I generally don't assign Geoff much fault in this, though the finger can definitely be pointed at him as he had full veto power and was on set everyday. Mostly it seemed like a movie with an engine of people that didn't understand Green Lantern, and Geoff on the outside mostly trying to do what little he could at that point to sort of guide the ship correctly... while shoveling his own sh**.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote