View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #68
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Something I'd thought of the other day came back to mind and figured I'd put it out there...

If - and that's a BIG IF - they ended up deciding to bring back the actors and use the same existing Turtle character models again - because lets face it, they still have a TON of time to decide down the road what any part of this is even going to look like and what version they're going with - they need to be wise and promote the hell out of it.

And I don't mean just slapping them on product labels, toys, and showing us lots of clips, trailers, and sneak peeks. That's the laziest option possible and it doesn't make people connect to it/them. And don't just rely on trying to do "new" things to old material or adding characters just to try to draw interest.

Maybe I'm not in 'the biz,' but it's damn well obvious that if they use the same designs then they have GOT to focus on drawing people back in. Have to give people a reason to CONNECT with them and love these guys. Maybe some people never will because they aren't pretty enough for them, the same producers are involved, or because pants. (I mean... Nick Leo can change personality and turn into an asshat for a series that could run for years, but god forbid the guy wear a pair of pants for 90 - 120 minutes.) But plenty could still be drawn to these guys if given REASON to like them.

Do additional fun stuff to promote it. In particular, record/create "fourth wall breaking" things with the Turtles.

One thing I thought of initially with this is how cool would it be to do the usual old clips of actors sitting and talking about the film and their individual characters... but use some old basic 'movie magic' and have the Turtle actors record this twice - once as themselves, and again as the Turtle they play. Then mesh it together so that you then have both actor and his respective Turtle seated beside each other, both discussing the film together and to the audience. Things like this would be a lot of fun (prob for both the viewers and the actors alike) and help people connect with the characters because it humanizes them a bit, so to speak, and tears that fourth wall down. (If it costs money, so what... You want reason to get more of it, don't you?)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote