View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:53 AM   #84
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I had usually no idea how old a book, TV-series or film was when I was about 10.
The age of something isn't really something that matters. Even when I was a teen, I was listening to classic rock and contemporary. I was watching old shows and new shows. It didn't really matter to me. Why cling to just right now when there are decades worth of movies, music, shows, and games to dive into? But that's just me.

Quote:
o put the VHS tape in. As hardly anyone watched the weekly film it was always left to me to explain the plot. In fairness the films were available in the library to be watched in people's own time but still a lot of times that didn't even happen with the students.
In my experience, survey classes like that are usually attendance based. But, you're right, the professor would just grab the films from he school library. There was one thing we as class hated unanimously and that was a several-part documentary we had to watch called The Story of Film. I love documentaries. I love film. I love documentaries about film. But that was the most dreadfully smug piece of crap I've ever seen, mostly thanks to the narrator.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote