View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Long ago in 2013, I was just starting to get involved with an animal rescue/foster group. At that point, I was just cleaning cat kennels at an adoption center.

One morning in the spring time, my brothers were out on a camping trip and my father was in the Middle East working on helicopters. So it was just me and my mother.

It was raining and that was keeping me awake. And I heard a kitten crying in the backyard. At first, I thought I was hearing things, so I turned on the back porch lights and just barely managed to see a little black kitten on the far side, roughly six weeks old. So of course I dashed to wake up my mother and tell her there were kittens in the backyard. We initially tried to catch them, but they were both black. And it was raining. And it was 1 in the morning. So there was no chance we were going to get them.

They were still there into the next day and so while my mom was at work, I went out every few hours to check on them (while it was still raining) and attempting to offer them food. Which they didn't eat.

When my mom came home, we were able to catch them both and get them indoors, where they did eat and actually used the litter box in spite of being basically feral. It took a week for them to get comfortable with us, but the girl was a little more receptive.

Their names were One O'clock and All's Well. Because that was the time it was when I found them, and that bit in Disney's Robin Hood is what I think of when it comes to that time . All's Well was the girl, since she was a lot more chill than her brother.

One O'Clock ended up getting adopted by the guy who lived on the street behind ours.

And that's just one of my kitten stories