View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

While I don't agree, this is kinda why I feel old characters should have their arcs wrapped up. Like how Darius was literally killed off, or how Shredder is dead (for now, anyway, we know he'll be revived).

After issue 50, Karai for example had no screentime in the book until her Universe 4-parter. She was just completely absent in every issue from #51 till now. For such an important character like Karai, I feel like we should have caught up on her a lot earlier in Japan. After her Universe arc ends we also don't know how long it'll be till she shows up in the main series again. I was actually eager to see how she'd react to Splinter controlling the Foot Clan, but I guess we'll have to wait for that.

There are other characters IDW waited a long time to do things with, like Leatherhead, or the Triceratons or Bishop that we're only just now exploring. All these characters were hinted/name dropped/had cameos very early before they got any focus. There's also others like Ch'rell that were introduced but still sitting "on the bench" waiting to be used. I don't mind previews to characters early on, but when we're waiting nearly 2 years later for a character to do something, it feels a bit odd.

In a way IDW has introduced a lot of main characters, not to mention all the new Patheon characters we've just seen and haven't been explored yet, or how some Mutanimals like Mutagen Man are just kinda there, but I guess all will be explored in due time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote