View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #36
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Does anyone here have stories of games they got into over 10 years ago? I'm talking about games that you still check out even to this day. For me, the only 3 regular video games I play have been out for than a decade and I haven't been interested in maining anything else ever since:

1. Pokemon: I started when I got Pokemon Ruby for the GBA in about 2005. Was instantly hooked to the series then and started playing FireRed, Leafgreen, Sapphire and Emerald as well. Then I got a DS in 2008 which was when I began playing Diamond and Platinum. My DS then one day broke and I didn't play Pokemon for a few more years until I discovered emulators. That got me into the gen 1 and 2 Pokemon games. However, I never got into Black and White and never tried it, instead just quitting the mainstream Pokemon games completely when I discovered Pokemon Showdown which I still play to this day since 2013.

2. Counter-Strike I discovered in 2006 I think when my dad first got the family a desktop PC and I was allowed to buy one game for it. Browsing the flea market of cheap games, I discovered Counter-Strike. It looked interesting so I chose that game (mostly just due to the awesome looking packaging of a SWAT team). When I installed it onto my pc, I was instantly hooked. Ive tried out Counter Strike Source and Global Offensive as well and liked them, but its 1.6/Condition Zero which keeps me coming. Even the Deleted Scenes mode is a guilty pleasure for me and Ive had so many good memories playing Counter-Strike for over 10 years, from inviting friends to play Lan, to having all the different skins, to the experience and feel of the game in general. Still play it occassionaly every week and proud of it.

3. Super Smash Bros: Where do I begin? Well I guess at my cousins house where I saw them with this weird purple toy box with a kiddy gamepad attached to it. Weird as the console was, the game it was playing looked absolutely stunning. Mario and link duelling on Pokemon Stadium, what an awesome concept! I was instantly hooked and it became I sole reason I used to come to visit my cousins so frequently about 10 years ago. Even better, we were neighbours so it was less than a walk in the park. Anyways, I put alot of hours into Smash Bros Melee back then and it became even better when I got a Wii and began playing Brawl. My cousins also showed me their N64 with a working copy of the first smash game so I got the best of all three worlds. I enjoyed all 3 smash games immensely at the time. However, when I moved away from my cousins (overseas), I sort of lost interst over time. That is until last year when I tested Melee on the Dolphin emulator and it worked! I plugged my laptop onto the tv screen and use a Ps3 controller to make melee feel like the good old gamecube again. I've never played Smash 4 for the Wii U and 3DS. I love 64 and brawl alot but Melees my all time no.1 favourite and I still play it to this day. Watching competitive melee videos is also fun and its helped me develop my skill over time.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-28-2017 at 01:32 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote