View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #20
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Sh*t's all a waste of money, but whats up with the preexisting conditions? Why would you be denied?
So, if you have a pre-existing condition, you are riskier to the insurance company. Usually your medical expenses are higher than a healthy person and they lose money on you in the sense that they pay out more for your care than you pay in to them for premiums.

Thats kind of the gamble of insurance. You pay in so that if something bad happens they pay the enormous cost of your treatment...usually more than you've paid in. They hope you remain healthy so you continue to produce income for them to cover losses on others.

They always want to exclude people who are riskier because they are a sure loss.

My question is....are they still thinking of funding the new healthcare thing by taxing the portion of my employer sponsored insurance that my employer pays as income to me? If so I'm f@cked on taxes.

Also are they still changing Medicaid to a Block grant? If so alot of those folks will get f@cked because States will only have so much to give their Medicaid recipients. Might not be enough to cover everyone who has Medicaid currently.