Thread: The New Café
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #111
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
I've seriously considered removing EVERYthing of mine online. My art, stories, Everything. I've had times where I've considered leaving all the forums I visit (that week was hell)
The problem I've often had with those feelings, and this is true, is patience. I'm impatient when it comes to expecting feedback on things I've worked on, whether it be art, fics, or a topic I stressed over creating to perfection. When I get nothing in return, I want to stop everything and remove it all, and then I want to quit going to message boards because I feel as if no one gives a damn about what I say or do. I've had those moments, I really have. And then I say, "Whatever" and then I'm back to my usual self! Or unusual self, whichever people look at me as.

I just recently signed up to two new groups non-TMNT related, SDParanormal at Yahoo! Groups and The Whaley House Message Board. After my trip to Old Town on January 29 and going on the Ghosts and Gravestones Tour for the first time, it made my interest in the paranormal world much stronger than ever! Not kidding! I've had an interest as far back as a child, but after that night, I've been trying to contact others and get to know more people involved with that sort of thing. Now, here's the downer. At the two places I've said "Hi, I'm new!" no one greeted me. I've gone back many times to see and I've so far been treated like...excuse the pun...a ghost! That's very upsetting when I hold such a high regard to that subject, and it makes me wonder if I even belong to groups like that. But, again, I'm not being patient with them and I should wait to see if they'll respond. I think what gets to me, though, is that people have come on, and POSTED, and totally ignore my post!

It's also going on right now at Mikey's Forum. I created a topic about The Ghosts and Gravestones Tour and got about 9 Views, 0 Replies! Should be patient, should be very patient! But, hey, when your patience wears thin, then what?

Okay, I've said too much now. Pass me a beer, will ya? Oops, can't have alcohol yet...make it a Dr. Pepper! I'll drive.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote