View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

An attempt at a thorough reference list to the Old Toon

Hello all, Jester here. Like I said when the TMNT wiki was first introduced I want to go all out and make a guide to Pizza references, pop culture points, and mistakes from the OT. here's what I have so far...and this is only the first 2 epiosdes.

Jester's Reference Guide to the TMNT

TMNT Episode Guide

Episode 1: Turtle Tracks
Written by: David Wise and Patti Howeth

Cast:
• James Avery: Shredder
• Townsend Coleman: Michaelangelo, Foot Critic 1 (“Impudent dog, bow before our beloved master!”), Fake Teeth/Goofy Noses Vender,
• Cam Clark: Leonardo, Rocksteady, Sound Technician
• Pat Fraley: Vernon Fenwick, Burne Thompson, Card Shark
• Barry Gordon: Donatello, Bebop, Foot Critic 2? (“For this misdeed you should be banished from the Foot Clan…”),
• Renae Jacobs: April O’Neil,
• Tress MacNeille: Gun Toting Granny, Manhattan Security Services Receptionist
• Rob Paulsen: Raphael, ACME Guy (“I have absolutely no idea.”), Camera Man, Ninja Server,
• Peter Renaday: Splinter, Professor (“It’s made in Japan.”), Master Teacher (“I say throw the bum out!”), Ninja Behind the Counter,

Mistakes:
1. When April attempts to leave the Lair, she is stopped by Donatello, who speaks with Raphael’s voice.
2. Occasionally the top of the Turtles plastrons are green when seen in the opening at the top of their trench coats.
3. While the Turtles slide down the rope bridge to the neighboring roof, Donatello’s wrist bands are his skin tone, not purple.
4. After the Turtles slide down the rope and onto the neighboring rooftop, there are 2 Leonardos and 2 Raphaels. There is no sign of Michaelangelo.
5. Though one of Leonardo’s swords is still on the roof, it appears and reappears in its scabbard throughout the rest of the episode.
6. Despite Michaelangelo being seen caring only one set of nunchucks, in battle he uses two pairs. This happens off and on throughout the first season.

Pizza References:
1. Strange toppings introduced. (Pepperoni and ice cream, jelly beans and mushrooms, anchovies and peanut butter, sashimi, whipped cream, and bananas and sausage specifically)
2. Michaelangelo calls himself, “Master of the whirling pizzas.”
3. The Ninja Pizza Pizzeria
4. The Turtles take nothing seriously, aside from pizza.

Catchphrase Countdown:
1. Shredder: “What the Devil!”
2. Michaelangelo: “Pizza Time!”
3. Shredder calls the punks “idiots” and “Cretans”.
4. Raphael: “Out of your shell”
5. Michaelangelo: “Cowabunga!”

Pop Culture References:
1. Raphael: “Try again Mr. Wizard!”
(A reference to the 80’s educational TV series, Mr. Wizard)
2. Raphael: “Here’s lookin’ at you kid!”
(A parody of Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca)

Fourth Wall Breaking Humor:
1. Donatello: “I love saying lines like that!”

Wacky Inventions:
1. Mutagen

Notables:
1. Krang doesn’t appear in this episode.
2. Pat Fraley voices Vernon Fenwick for the five episode pilot. In the sixth episode, Return of the Shredder (the first episode of season one), Peter Renaday takes over Vernon’s voice.

Episode 2: Enter the Shredder
Written by: David Wise and Patti Howeth

Cast:
@ James Avery: Shredder,
@ Townsend Coleman: Michaelangelo,
@ Cam Clark: Leonardo, Rocksteady,
@ Pat Fraley: Krang, Burne Thompson, Vernon Fenwick
@ Barry Gordon: Donatello, Bebop,
@ Renae Jacobs: April O’Neil,
@ Rob Paulsen: Raphael,
@ Peter Renaday: Splinter
@ The Robot Rovers sound to be voiced by multiple cast members.

Mistakes:
1. Leonardo speaking in Raphael’s voice: “I gotta feelin’ we’re in Kansas anymore, Uncle Toto.”
2. As Shredder says, “Indeed he is.” In response to Donatello’s mussing that Splinter’s in trouble, Michaelangelo’s bandana changes colors from orange to purple.
3. When Raphael says, “Take your time why don’t ya!” as Donatello causes the moving walls to retract, his bandana goes from red to orange.
4. Michaelangelo shrieks a warning to Raphael, in what sounds like Raphael’s own voice.
5. When Raphael’s voice says “More bad news,” Leonardo’s head moves suggesting he’s saying the line.
6. When Michaelangelo says, “Jump for it!” his bandana is red, and changes as the Turtles jump.
7. When Bebop and Rocksteady bust through the pavement to face the Turtles, Bebop’s shirt is yellow instead of red.
8. Leonardo, in the fight with Bebop and Rocksteady, jumps in the air with his sword ready to cut Bebop’s gun. When he comes back in to shot, he’s wearing red and slices the gun. Raphael, in his trademark red, kicks Bebop in the chest, knocking him to the ground. Then Raphael somehow is able to jam his sai into Rocksteady’s gun as Bebop continues to fall off screen.
9. As Rocksteady tries to uses his teeth to get out of the zoo cage, his nose is seen behind the bar he’s “chewing”.
10. Raphael’s “R” is clearly visible as the Turtles talk to April, but Michaelangelo’s “M” is missing.

Pizza References:
1. Pizza for breakfast (topped with Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, and Choco-Puffs)
2. Michaelangelo: “Now that’s what I call a serious pizza!”

Catchphrase Counter:
1. Shredder: “That’s quite a brain you’ve got, Krang.”
Krang: “Of course it is, it’s all I’ve got.”
2. Raphael: “I hate it when he says that!” (and later “I really wish you’d stop saying things like that.”)
3. “Turtles fight with honor!”
4. Shredder: “Bebop, Rocksteady Destroy them!”
5. Shredder: “You idiots!”
6. Rocksteady: “Say your prayers, Toitles.”

Pop Culture References:
1. Michaelangelo: “That dude’s drivin’ Shay Stadium around under the city!”
(A reference to the baseball stadium in NYC, home of the New York Mets.)
2. Leonardo/Raphael: “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore, Uncle Toto.”
(A obvious reference to the Wizard of Oz)

Wacky Inventions:
1. The Shredder’s Robots
2. The Technodrome

Any helps or corrections welcome.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 03-01-2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Modified voices, thanks to Bob.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote