View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #130
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Fair enough with the first point.

As for toxicity, I don't believe there is any such thing aside from the stuff emitted by snakes, Just a new label people these days have used to describe what they believe to be wrong and must be censored.

I imagine its because outright banning someone for saying something wrong would be considered a violation of Freedom of Speech, so we have created all these exceptions/loopholes like hate speech, Freedom of Speech is not free, toxic. Basically: "You can say anything you want, as long as it is acceptable." Not that I'm against it or anything, I believe its only natural that people will want to surpress what they consider to be immoral.
Unless is the US Government doing the censoring, there's precious little that's a violation of the First Amendment. What a lot of people confuse with Free Speech violations are really just communities creating and maintaining their own standards of decorum.

The Mods could easily make a rule saying: We will ban anyone who uses SJW or FanBro, and they'd be well within their rights to do so.

That's not violating anyone's Free Speech.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote