Thread: Teen Titans GO!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 05:24 PM   #275
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This movie can't possibly be worse than the Teen Titans DTV movie that came out after the series ended.
I still don't know what they were thinking with Trouble in Tokyo. "Well, we've wanked off to Japanese anime tropes, visual gags and style, might as well send them there" I guess? Was it an executive decision?

Either way, it wasn't great.

Quote:
I really need to watch through all of TTG, everything I've seen from it has been awesome.
The prior three seasons are on Hulu. Season four isn't, but that's because it hasn't wrapped yet. It'll be great when it is, though, because season four has been crazy good. Several of my favorite episodes in the shows run are from it.

Quote:
53 years of Teen Titans and the first theatrical movie is a spoof... I don't hate TTG but it's still bizarre to think we're getting this before the DCEU Titans...
WB's been so weird about big budget live action versions of their heroes that I don't find it that surprising. We only just got Wonder Woman this year and they've been making superhero films since 1978. A year shy of forty to break out of just Superman and Batman films. Further if you feel like counting the film for the '66 Batman TV series.