View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #18
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I’m kinda thinking it won’t be Fred Wolf style but maybe a playmates throwback line with updated articulation. If that’s the case then I’m all in.
Perhaps they'll branch out, but they did explicitly state that it's a cartoon-based line.

I'd assume it to follow trend to the MOTU Castle Grayskull line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
NECA. Super7 is trash in terms of quality and timing. Enjoy one wave a year. With NECA, maybe you’d get 2.
Super7 had some rough releases with their first stuff, but:

1. Let's not pretend NECA is a pinnacle of quality. I'm pretty forgiving, and NECA is more on the ball than Super7 was starting out, definitely, but Super7's last couple of waves have been great. NECA has had too tight joints, or too loose, or some parts are easy to break, and they still suck at painting eyeballs lol. Still, I think NECA is overall better in quality, definitely, but Super7 has gotten a lot better.

2. I really don't understand your timing comment. 10 years of NECA TMNT and that stuff is a trickle, and almost all turtles or the small Shredder mold that they've reused a ton too. Super7 is putting out 2-3 waves a year now plus PowerCon and SDCC exclusives, and that's just the Castle Greyskull subline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
If either can get a sculpt resembling the Archie-TMNT, I’d be all over those.
Man, one thing I've wanted for a long time (and I've probably mentioned on the boards here before somewhere) is something like the "Artists Alley" that DC Collectibles does (but with articulated figures, heh).

I don't know that I want 4 of each turtle in the various styles, but if they fleshed them out, I'd be hard pressed to not buy it all:

Archie style (Chris Allan) + their characters (Mutanimals please!)
Zulli style - Turtles (one weakened and bandaged) + Splinter + Shredder
Farley style
Lawson Vol 4 style

Honestly kind of sad that NECA doesn't seem interested in doing anymore Mirage figures, given there's a wealth of characters there, even different style turtles to pad out the profits. I'm glad that at least we have the TMNT 2k3 line for a lot of those characters at least.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote