View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #14
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Okay, so we're actually just talking in terms of the visuals... I can agree there places where it looks nice, in the moments that it actually wants to look fluid.

That said...it really does far too much of that choppy, jumpy frame skipping too often that just kills it for me in animation. Especially when used for bypassing a walk cycle. Annoys me and feels lazy when animation jumps frames (including some obvious loops of them) in a way that I feel really only belongs in GIF animation clips online. (But hey... I guess 'Rise' makes GIF creation pretty effortless.)

But it's one of the reasons that most anime bugs me as well, so in the end it's less about 'Rise' itself and must more about a difference of opinion on animation tastes and not a style I like for the TMNT.
Fair enough like I said before this show is great when it comes to perspective and composition so the jumpy frames don't bother me as much and seeing how we get one great animated scene per episode is actually kind of a feat imo. Also off topic but check out Mao Mao, that seems to be something you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Honestly, if put to a vote (and 2012 excluded being a different medium), 2003 (at least most seasons) would have my vote for fluidity and detail.
As much as I love 2k3 its kinda bland for me in the animation department, its not bad but there isn't a lot of interesting things about it.