Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #851
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Looks like VarnerStudios will have involvement, likely in the toy sculpting.

Posted on their Instagram story this evening:
http://i.imgur.com/fAeKJRZl.jpg
The title was reviewed on an article from Variety that was posted today.
https://variety.com/lists/varietys-1...ristobal-leon/

Here's what it says about it.
Quote:
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Chapter”

Growing up watching “Star Trek” fostered a love of sci-fi in Dallas native Kassai. But although he was a fan, it wasn’t until his sophomore year in college that he realized he could have a career in animation.

He moved to Los Angeles nine years ago to pursue his dream. “I couldn’t be one of those people without a job. I was too afraid,” he says. “So I locked that in from a distance first and then came here with some sense of security in mind at least.”

After a stint at Sony, where he worked on “The Emoji Movie,” among others, Kassai segued to Nickelodeon, where is now production designer on “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Chapter.” The film is scheduled to come out in 2023.

“I have loved that franchise since I was a kid,” he says, confessing that Raphael is his fave. “I have bedsheets and lunch boxes and T-shirts and socks. But now I am trying to re-create a unique interpretation that is not too distant from the original franchise that we all know and are familiar with, and also make it fresh.”

To make it new while not jettisoning what made “Ninja Turtles” so beloved, Kassai says, “you anchor yourself enough in the familiar elements of it so that it is easily recognizable but then you either add or enhance some of the existing charm of
the franchise.”

With modern animation tools and 3D, he feels a responsibility to make something cool for the new movie similar to “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” and “The Mitchells vs. the Machines.”

“The franchise deserves that, I think.” — Shalini Dore
Seems like it will borrow from the original series since he's a production designer for it.