View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #89
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
As a youngster, I remember the "bite" this series seemed to have compared to the cartoon/movies, but even to Mirage a bit.
They seemed like the perfect TMNT for my older cousin, who always insisted at least one of the turtles had to die gruesomely while we roleplayed in the backyard, to which I would usually negotiate one of them be captured or lose a limb instead. I guess I was a squeamish little boy.

Even so, I loved the books and didn't shy away from them. They were just a little different, and while I didn't fully understand how all the pieces of the franchise fit together, given my young age and lack of internet, I never considered it a problem, even if it was a bit confusing.

If something from the Image or Mirage comics seemed different from the cartoon or the movies I was first accustomed to, it was just all the more fascinating. It was also something I could grow into and find myself appreciating more as I aged into my teens and left the cartoons behind for the most part.
Did your cousin give you the comics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's the problem with this new era of TMNT... there's nothing for new fans to grow into after they are "reeled in" by the latest cartoon or movie or whatever. It's all about the same.
I think IDW is for a slightly older audience than what the current tv shows and movies target. Are you talking about something equivalent to R rated films? I like that idea. I’m not sure why a company wouldn’t want to put out products that could bring in more readers. Maybe the TMNT Urban Legends is a brand that could continue with all new material. Different from everything else.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote