View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That was one thing 4Kids did pretty well... I think that's the most any TMNT incarnation has ever shown Saki outside of the bladed suit.
With Mirage TMNT, it just happened to be every time we saw Saki, it was either the TMNT challenging him to a battle to the death or him fighting said battle(s) to the death. And in the second and last battle to the death, the first thing he did was actually take OFF all the armor. Before the Turtles were even f***ing with him, he was just handling his business in a business suit with clients.

Everyone wants to romanticize him in the armor, as if that's what he's all about. It wasn't. It isn't. Stop making it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
This is pretty much my ideal cinematic Shredder interpretation. Essentially a Yakuza mob boss. Maybe he even has a known love for tradition and history, hence the armor.
Yeah, exactly. Not sitting in a damn throne room just brooding over Yoshi or "Oooohhh, I can't wait to catch those TURR-TALS!" or whatever.

But as to humor? I would imagine. From what we got in #1 and his monologueing in #21, though, I'd suspect he'd have a very dry humor, and super sparing. And if he were to make any actual jokes, it'd be pretty dark humor.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-12-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote