View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #38
RaphaelinSTL
Stone Warrior

Wow. 10 years ago? That's crazy to think back to such a crazy time in my life.

Well, I was a freshman in college finishing up my second semester. At the beginning of the year I was dating a girl who I knew I had hit a relationship peak with the previous summer but for whatever reason...we kept dating and we took a couple classes together. I was in a band with some friends from high school, but I was the only one going to college regularly of those guys and I just wasn't feeling the friendship connection there as much anymore...so I eventually left the band in the spring of 2007 and haven't played a show with another band since. =/ Jammed with people, but nothing ever came of it.

That girl and I eventually had a really bad break up during the beginning of the summer of 2007 and I was kind of losing my mind at that point. I think it had just been so long since I didn't have anyone in my life relationship wise that it kinda ate me up and I was overtly emotional more than I should have been. I was taking sleeping pills regularly and this is the year I sort of became dependent on them to sleep. My family was healthy and my friends were good...but I was just kind of upset over the break up of a relationship I knew had reached it's end...then I met another girl and everything changed. It was 100X better than anything I had had previously and she was perfect for me at the time. For as rough as those few months were in the summer, late August through the rest of the year was awesome.

Well, the first semester of my second college year had some rough classes that I should've been paying more attention to....but it school wasn't so bad overall. I became obsessed with the Flaming Lips that year and I saw a lot of great bands too. Oh yeah and my family and I went to Universal Studios Orlando Florida...which has been sadly the last time we all went there as a family. =/

It's crazy to think it's been 10 years since that first Transformers movie where everyone thought it was "well, the second one should be better...right?" I also remember going nuts at all the rumors and speculation for The Dark Knight since it was coming out in 2008.

All in all, I LOVED 2007. I still remember it fondly.