View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:37 AM   #20
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
1. If there are no humans left, does that mean it's because they became mutants, or that they just plain died out? We see a bunch of humans become mutants in the flashback, however Casey Jones' skull is 100% that of a human. So he was okay, yeah? Does that mean then that some humans, perhaps those who were in basements or bunkers, for example, weren't exposed, then later died of natural causes or were killed by mutants?
I think the mutagen bomb partially terraformed the earth. There's no way it covered the whole world in mutagen and mutated everybody (plus Casey's skull wasn't mutated like you point out). Didn't Raph mention Mutagen Wars at one point as well? Maybe the wars were over whatever mutagen was left as people needed to become mutants to survive?

Quote:
2. Is it possible that the strike was indeed Kraang's doing? They never had their plots 100% tied up, did they? Could Prime have still been around in some capacity? It'd make sense that she/it wanted revenge & as such pulled a caper like this. I don't remember how they ended up. Did they blow up the moon, too, to mess with tides & other earthly processes?
It's certainly possible. We see Prime and Subprime on the Technodrome when the Triceratons destroy it at the end of season 3, but in season 4 (after the past has been changed) we only see the Technodrome getting destroyed not Prime or Subprime on it. Of course they could be dead and it could just be some random Kraang extremist (heck, let's call him Ch'rell) out for revenge.

I'm guessing the moon gets damaged in the mutagen wars that followed (again assuming they followed the bomb, they could have come before I guess with the bomb being the end of the wars)

Quote:
3. If we're to believe this was all going down somewhere in the vicinity of NY, the tri-state area or whatever, what's up with the dominant species gangs? Meerkats (formerly), lizards, honey badgers, they don't exactly run in packs around their neck of the woods. Why weren't they just deformed humanoids or a wide variety of different animals? I guess we can just assume the creative team had to make good use of their 3D resources & as such limited the species count, but even so, why pick those 3 over any other?
No idea. Maybe they just thought the designs worked best out of the designs they had.

Quote:
4. Was hair growth a side effect of minor mutagen exposure for the turtles? Why Raph/Mikey but not Leo? Did he shave, despite his manic state?
I think only Leo was double mutated and the hair growth on Raph and Mikey just came with age.

Quote:
Do you personally believe other mutant homies of the turtles are still kicking at that point? Like Slash/Leatherhead at least? I'd like to think so. Kind of a shame we didn't get to know anyone else's fate, if you ask me.
I don't think their close allies (April, Casey, Karai) are but hopefully some of the others are. It would have been great to see some of them in the mutant gangs, even just as cameos.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote