View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Pretty much what I was thinking.

In terms of culture, I guess our values and how we are applying our resources towards the future. Do you think we are on a sustainable path? Will capitalism evolve or die? Are we educating our youth properly? If automation takes over most of our jobs, is there anything left to strive towards in terms of commerce and consumption?

I have no soapbox or anything to get on, I just want to hear the honest opinions of people who are older than me.
i don't think the things you mention are exclusive problems of the West. Also, each country has tis own context.

Many argue that Europe has been slowly decaying for a while now. I mean, Europe are no longer the "rulers of the world". USA became the number 1 superpower quite a long time ago already. And China and Japan come behind in terms of GDP. And then India is also climbing.

It seems to me that many people from the Americas, Australia and NZ think Europe belongs to the past, while the Americas and Australia and NZ are the future. Basically we Europeans are like the old grandpas or middle aged parents while countries like USA, Australia, Brazil, etc. are our rebellious teenage children
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote