View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:21 AM   #701
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

No problem.

I will echo they have very poor customer service.

SDCC 2016, I bought several of their con-release toy color variants through their web site during the con. Their site had terrible shipping rates, like $12 to ship two single Donatellos. And they staggered the releases over each day so you couldnt just lock them all in at once in one order, you had to either gamble on stock levels and wait til the end, or pay ridiculous shipping charge after ridiculous shipping charge for each day's order. And to top it all off, Raph was in a set you couldn't get from them, it was Nick exclusive, in other words impossible to get if you weren't there.

But that's just poor planning. After I placed all my orders and figured out the Raph thing, I ended up getting Raph via ebay in a nicely priced package that included everything else as well. Since Loyal Subjects were taking forever to ship those orders, I asked if they'd cancel. They did, but only refunded the cash for the first order and tried to keep all the rest of my money, arguing with me in the face of bank account screenshots. I had to file a CC dispute to get it back.

Then the eBay order showed up. Raph had 2 right hands. The one set I have no other channel than scalpers to replace. Rather than return to the eBay dude I emailed Loyal Subjects and explained what happened and they said they could send me a replacement hand. Never did, just completely blew it off after that. So Raph still has 2 right hands.

That all soured me on them. I only buy the boxes when I see them in clearance bins. I found several S1 at Books A Million (BAM!) on clearance around $5-7 each, just a couple of weeks ago.

I also don't like how limited they make the chases, and how they get spread out between retailers that barely exist around me. I will probably never complete S1 or S2 because I can't make myself pay $50+ for all the S1 chases and S2 splinter.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote