View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #44
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
So I am going to see KE next weekend at the NE Megafest. I have never seen Kevin at a con before....what should I expect? Will his line be massive? How early should I show up? Does he have signing limits? Will he sketch?

http://www.newenglandsupermegafest.com/

Thanks!!
I'll be there too! Totally wasn't planning on it as it's a little out of my way and KE is the only turtle artist there, but my local comic shop's facebook said the first person to come in and say "Cowabunga" would get a pair of free tickets! Pays to live close by (and procrastinate on fb)!

I waited in line for Kev at Jetpack's FCBD last year for around 2 hours (got there about an hour before he showed up, which I've found is often later than stated), and that was with a "fast pass" for buying some merch. He wasn't sketching that day because of the big line but signed around 5 or 6 pieces for me with no complaint, and even did a quick turtle headsketch. Super nice guy!

On the Megafest website it says he'll be doing sketches: http://www.newenglandsupermegafest.com/kevin-eastman/ (see lat sentence of his blurb.) He usually doesn't charge for those as far as I know, but maybe things will be different at this con where celebs are asking mad dough for a hancock... who knows? I definitely want sketch this time!

Are you going both days? It looks like he has a Q+A on Sunday at 12:30, in case you didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I waited, no joke, 7 hours in line at NYCC in 2013 to meet him. Took up my entire Saturday & I got there just after the doors opened.
Holy Comicow! I rushed there that same morning first thing, could've been 5th in line but he wasn't there yet and I had lots of other con plans that day. Kinda glad I didn't stick it out... 7 HOURS?! Hope you had snacks!

For those who have gotten sketches before, what's the level of detail, and does he take suggestions? I'd like to get one of Raph hitchhiking to our hometown (Northampton), but I don't know if that's too much to ask?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote