View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 04:42 PM   #1519
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
First off, just want to say an early happy new year's to everyone. I imagine I'll be too hung over tomorrow to say it.

Those very earliest days, before #1 hit print, were when I was still technically an assistant editor, and so wasn't privy to all of top level discussions. Raph not being part of the group coming from Nickelodeon doesn't sounds "wrong" but i don't have a firm memory of that being the case either. Could be! Would have to ask Tom.

I'm trying to think of any other instances of suggestions coming from Nickelodeon in the IDW ongoing, and I can't think of any. They've had questions and perhaps suggestions for adjusting things for clarity, but they've never, to my memory, suggested a plot point or anything like that since the book has been on the stands. We've got notes like "Don't you think it's time we moved forward the Technodrome storyline?", and things like that, but it's all been notes on things we've proposed. And as time has passed and we've been given more and more trust, those questions are fewer and farther between.

They've been a good deal more involved in the Animated book though.

I used to have two main people at Nick that I would run things by, now there's just one for the most part.
Thank you. I was always curious just how much Nickelodeon as a company would involve itself. It was my major concern when the intellectual property was sold. Now I can say I like it better as it is. It looks like Nick can get a little frustrated with pacing too. Its all paid off as far as IDW's TMNT are concerned. Its more than I can say for other comic companies!

Happy New Years to you and thank you for all you do!