View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #2799
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendophile View Post
The Turtles have always had three fingers.
You know what i mean Three toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebrush View Post
Personally, I think these designs for the Turtles are the best since the original comic books. Far better than any of the other TV series. I can tell that a lot of careful thought has gone into each character and this is shown in the individual features of each turtle, including the expressions on their faces. I mean, just look at the picture I posted above of the bottles of water we got at the event yesterday - the label is just a bandanna with the eyes, but the expression of the eyes are different for each Turtle (I only came home with 2 so I can't show you the others). Just the eyes tell you about the personality of that Turtle. It's such a simple little thing but it works really well.

Yes, the show will be for kids - Nickelodeon would be stupid not to focus their attention on their core market. But the previous TV series haven't been any different and plenty of older fans have been able to enjoy at least some aspect of them. And from what I've seen this new series looks to be making a really good effort to tie in with a lot (if not all) of the previous incarnations to some extent.

We'll only be able to tell for sure when the series actually starts showing but I'm sure there'll be something for everyone to enjoy. I just glad we have a series to watch at all and that it's clearly having some decent money and effort put into it by people who have a real passion for doing a really good job, even if the end result doesn't 100% match my own personal vision of what the perfect turtles series would be.
Yes you are probably right but cannot agree with you 100%, 2k3 series was far more mature in my opinion than the goofy 80's one. I love both of them but preffer 2k3, and also for me mature style of drawning is better then the best CGI. I also hope that new TMNT serie will be cool. I just have a feeling that there should be at least one animated serie more dark, you know what i mean. Something for people like me, somewhere between 25 and 35 who are still enjoying TMNT. I recently started to read original MIRAGE comic book stuff and maybe that is why i cannot accept that easy the new TMNT design but as I stated before, we need to wait just couple more months and then we can all tell how we feal about new TMNT. And then there is also Michael Bay version on the way ....
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote