View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #14
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The 1987 TV series and its characters are not to blame for the box-office performance of this film. People just really don't want to see Michael Bay films anymore. Transformers: Age of Extinction did not bring in as big of numbers as its predecessors. It's North American box-office total might not even be that accurate since Rentrak stated that its opening weekend numbers were not what the receipts stated. People also just really don't want to see films with bad reviews anymore. Suicide Squad was the rare exception this year while Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice barely turned a profit.
Age of Extinction utterly destroyed the box office. Granted, not as much as past Transformers movies, but Age of Extinction shattered the box office.

And I only make that statement because according to the quote, these people expected the film to turn in great profits because, in their own words, "we added all these new characters with Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter Stockwell had a big role in the movie and Casey Jones."

That does not mean good movie. How you represent those characters means good movie. You'd think they'd get that, but apparently not.

Hopefully the franchise get a fresh start and TMNT can be seen in a new, more respectful light in an upcoming movie. As long as PD isn't involved and/or they actually get good writers/director.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote