View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:47 AM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Alright, the first one was an adapation of the first three issues and ended with Splinter's kidnapping... OK, so the space arc, I feel this one should be a little easier. Just the issues in the same order, except with a few more twists and turns.
Seems mostly sound to me. Though I'd look hard to find a way to find a way in for Rat King, but that's just me.

Maybe too many movies to plan on. Getting a quality comic book movie trilogy out of a studio other than Marvel is tough, and even they haven't quite made that work well yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
@Andrew

Only thing I'd add to your story is making Splinter out to be morally wrong as well. You mentioned him being hard on them if they seemed soft during their training. I always imagined they were weapons first and foremost, and love came second after spending 15 years with them. No one outside of fans who read the comics really question whether Splinter is justified in what he does? Or see's him as another villain because of his reason for training the Turtles in the first place.
Oh, that'd definitely be in the nitty gritty of it. That's a paramount aspect of it. The Turtles confronting Splinter when they become self-aware of apparently being just raised as weapons... but by this point Splinter really loves them, and after Saki is dead, he is able to embrace it... but it's 70 kinds of awkward by that point, and possibly too little too late.