View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
iammattie
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You know what...yeah. that's Ken.

I got in touch with Dan Berger this morning to confirm his piece and he was also attributing that one to Mitchroney, so I think you guys are on to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think some of them were fan drawings.
I've gotten about 30 that were official (though some were original pieces done by TMNT artists for the film), so I'm not sure why any of the last 4 would be fan drawings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Likening every occasion that the Turtles were drawn in different style to a different universe is very problematic. For example, we've run into this in Iron Man circles as well - one artist will draw sayyyyy.... the Modular Armor with pads on the thighs and another will draw the modular armor without pads and you'll have fans scramble to ID it as a new Armor or decimal modification. That doesn't work. It's an artists liberty - it's still the same armor.

And so, Michroney's Archie Adventures Turtles are the same as Lawson's Archie Adventures Turtles even though the art styles are completely different. But Lawson's Archie Adventure Turtles are different than his Mirage vol 1 Turtles. I think this is important as most reasonable people aren't going to assume an entirely new Universe of TMNT every time someone scribbles anything down on paper.
Sure, but I don't think that really pertains to what I was asking. In the film, each piece of art is used to represent a different universe. I don't think that indicates a lack of continuity from one art style to the next. For instance, there were 3 pieces that came from the anime. 2 from the same episode. Just means that there are 2 universes where those events occur. If we go by the logic of infinite universes then it only makes sense that some will be pretty similar.

Either way, I'm just trying to identify what was shown on screen.
iammattie is offline   Reply With Quote