View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #15944
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Nah, Bray's at least getting tweaked, assuming they don't just go with a full repackaging. The character's dead in the water at this point and I think even they realize that. They did it to themselves, too. The Wyatt Family could have been one of the biggest factions, with Bray one of the biggest stars, in WWE, but they kept screwing up with stupid ideas and killing the gimmick off. I could see them reverting him back to original Bray Wyatt rather than the weird edgelord version we've had the past two years and that could be enough to salvage him. But if they just go full character reboot using the Lake of Reincarnation as an out, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Women's tag titles will apparently debut at Summerslam

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ght_tag_belts/
If true, the Iconic Duo is definitely main roster bound on the TV after 'Mania. They're a ready made womens tag team and haven't even been on NXT television in months anyway, so it doesn't hurt their roster depth. Ember Moon and Nikki Cross might make the jump with them (I suspect Moon is dropping the womens strap at Takeover and Nikki Cross is going whenever Sanity goes, which is probably soon).

It'll be interesting to see if it catches. Dedicated womens tag teams aren't really a "thing" the way they are for the men, at least not in NA wrestling. WWE tried back in the early nineties before Moolah f***ed that up. Iconic Duo aside, we're probably going to see a fair amount of ad-hoc womens tag teams for the early days of this. I don't know how they do this, though, if they're not starting with one set of womens tag straps and floating them. The roster depth's good enough for two singles titles - it is, they have enough women on both brands, it's just half of them can disappear for weeks at a time and end up forgotten about - but not two tag titles, not by a long shot.