View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've defended the show dozens and dozens of times here in this forum, it's cheesy and not great but it has something unique and potential that makes me love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The Sound mixing includes cartoon sound effects in almost every shot, doesn't matter wheter or there's even a joke to prop up, the sound effects just never stop. What's even weirder is that these sound effects often don't match the actions on screen and just seems to have been put in there because the poor bastard given the job to put them in wanted variety, I especially like the strange inclusion of Donald Duck screaming (no, really, that happens).
I don't remember Donald Duck screaming, did you watch the Netflix version that has different music?

Quote:
As for the characters, not much to say. Most of the previously established characters were just less defined versions of what they were in the movies, Dragon Lord and Wick seems to be an attempt to recreate Shredder and Krang from the FW cartoon or Dregg and Mung (not sure which), Silver is pretty lame despite the gimmick, Queese seems like the writers were unsure if they wanted a good guy or bad guy, Vam Mi is just sad and Pathetic.

I honestly don't have much to say about Venus despite the hate from Laird and the fanbase, most of what she does is being clumsy and having a hard time understanding American expressions. She's just a joke that isn't very funny, not really much to hate aside from the idea of a fifth turtle being pointless, sorry. The characters that are the most interesting to talk about are Shredder and Bonesteel.
I agree and disagree, for example I found Silver great and Bonesteel annoying, I wrote my thoughts about the characters on my site. But overall I think the TNM had an awesome rogues gallery and should be used in other incarnations.

Quote:
Now Shredder is the most dignified villain of the show, he is never associated with any jokes and seemed like he was going reclaim his role as main villain in a second season.
Yeah, there was plenty of potential on a what if season 2 of Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation, I also wrote about Season 2 once. I read a lot of stuff about season 2 but most of it doesn't have a hard source but it's neat to think about from the cartoon sketches of a S2. You also have to remember Saban loved re-using suits of other shows so any Power Rangers monster suit was fair game to be kitbashed/modified into a TMNT villain.

Quote:
Then there's the matter of continuity, was it a continuation of the movies? I honestly don't think so, I think they just used the movies as basis for the status quo because they assumed it was the most well known version at the time (which in all fairness, might have been true). I didn't catch direct any reference to the movies aside from Yoshi's murder, Shredder is alive without any mutation, Splinter mentions a long-standing rivalry with him despite how short-lived it was in the movies, Yoshi seems to have been murdered over a magic shuriken rather than Tang Shen and there's no mention of April or Casey. It seems to mostly be it's own thing.
It was definitely meant to be a continuation of the live action films, I write about it on the beginning of my review. There are more links than say the fourth TMNT film that only has the trophy scene as a reference to the past movies but otherwise nothing else fits well.

There's a reporter that appears in two episodes on TV that IIRC wears yellow and the camera gives spends enough time to catch a glance at her so I assume it was an April cameo, both she and Casey were apparently going to appear in S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
-Mafia yeti... Pass.
Come on!

A mafia yeti, it writes itself! How awesome that a mob boss is a damn dirty ape.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote