View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #1724
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Gotta agree there. I'm very glad they're still around and we get to share them with other generations and that more young kids love it too... (warms my heart every time I see kids TMNT clothing being bought at my store and I damn well make sure that stuff is placed where it's easily seen)... they're welcome to be a part, but they ain't owning the keys to it, dammit. Not until this generation is dead and gone. This one was 'born' into my group, and I wouldn't disparage any now-adult TMNT 'kid' from an opinion any more than I would an old man's views, just because he's old, on a modern Superman (or other early hero) change after being a lifelong fan since it was new. (And likewise for those kids today with whatever new stuff comes out today for them and makes it big and is still enjoyed by them 30 years from now.) It saddens me that even fans will cling to the sigma that it's "just for kids" and discourage any encouragement for that to not be the case at some point.

This one may sound to be even more for the kiddies, but it doesn't mean people have to be just fine with a twisted representation of the characters those kids are being given... It's characters I care about, and one esp that they're screwing with. Time will tell, but the details so far annoy me that this may be my nephew's intro to TMNT. Damn I was hoping it would be an expanded-on Half Shell! *sigh* I may need to get the collection of '87 that we can eventually binge watch someday until he's old enough for 2012 and 2003. (Dear lord, do not let this kid decide Raph is his fave then fight me for the rest of my days over him being the oldest and leader.)

But yeah, "for the kids" or not, I still want new things to be good and worthy of TMNT. Good old stuff is great, but re-watching/reading old memories over and over isn't the same as seeing a TMNT that are continuing to thrive...
^This! It's a terrible copout excuse and just shows that the "fans" spouting this, truly don't care about this property that they loved as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yes, I agree, it makes him more of a whole character that he has his own struggles and taken into consideration that he carries a lot of weight and expectations on his shoulders from both Rat dad and himself, and a person can only handle so much sometimes before they break.

And the doubts and lack of confidence on occasion... totally relatable, and a good message there that it makes him no less awesome that he has these troubles at times and can make it through it, like many in real life. Having doubts this one will even go into any of that, not with the character description we've gotten so far. Feels more cocky 2007-ish imo (which I'm not a fan of), but we'll see...
I hope I can enjoy this version of Leo. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by LeotheLateBloomer; 11-05-2017 at 02:58 PM.