View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #65
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Thanks!

I went to the Gem City Comic Con today in Dayton, OH with my buddy TheMasterTurtle and finally got to meet Kevin Eastman. He's a very cool guy and very personable!

I had him sign my TMNT #1, 3rd printing, which Laird had signed for me way back in 1993 in Philadelphia.

He offered to sign it with the same colored pen, and it literally looks like these were signed on the same day with the same pen, although they're 21 years apart!

This comic now means a lot to me because of the circumstances behind the signings and having met both creators finally, even though so far apart.
It's also the only thing I have signed by both of them as a result of meeting them.
I wish I had asked Kevin to write the year, that would make it even cooler.

I also bought this Shredder blank for him to do a quick sketch on:

I also commissioned a sketch, but he wasn't able to finish it today, so I'm debating whether to drive back there tomorrow (1 1/2 hr. drive) or let them just mail it to me.

It was great to see the many original comic book pages and art Kevin has for sale too, especially from the early comics. Unfortunately my wallet wasn't large enough!

I have to mention: I know it was probably because Kevin was a main guest, but the Turtles were in full swing at this con. One dealer even had two Turtlemania Silvers displayed, along with Gobbledygook, the original buttons, and pretty much every classic TMNT collectible comic you can think of. Many dealers had Turtles on their "comic wall". TMNT Adventures issues in NM were priced at $10+. Gone are the days of finding Turtles comics in the $1 boxes!

Last edited by MrPliggins; 05-07-2020 at 11:13 AM.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote