View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #142
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I disagree; for me, it doesn't feel separated at all or even that drastically different in tone. It FEELS like an integral part of Volume 1, and other standout issues treated it as such.

But that's the only thing I disagree with; it's an awesome little set of issues.
One reason I feel this way is the dialogue between the turtles. I can't recall other issues where they address eachother as "Brother Michelangelo!" or "Brother Raphael". It's subtle but seems starkly different from the usual way they address eachother.
The other thing is his stories often deal with mythical aspects. You see this in other TMNT stories as well, but I guess, for me, it's just a certain mood he seems to set.

I love Veitch's stories for the record and I do think they fit in with volume 1 as well as anything else. Especially due to the reference in "SOTSA". They have a unique flavor, and that's a good thing. Again, that's just my opinion.

My favorite thing about Veitch TMNT are those amazing covers for "The River". In my mind, issue #26's cover is completely iconic.

AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote