View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #31
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Out of curiousity why did you dislike Vision Quest, I personally thought it was one of the strongest episode of season 3
While I think Vision Quest is a decent episode, especially in comparison to most of season 3, it still felt mishandled. Vision Quest feels like a sudden "Wait, we gotta return to NY!" now, a sudden shift in tone. Its emotional moment with Splinter ala the 90s movie was rushed and didn't have the warmth of the former, just repetition of the Turtles' overall flaws. Finally, which is my personal problem, the episode feels overstuffed with the fights. They were handled well but went by too fast with minimal stakes.

I think for being the episode to tie Northampton and a Return to New York type scenario together, it could've had more to it. Vision Quest easily could've been a multi-parter, especially considering at least two or three of the episodes at Northampton were extraneous (Foot Too Big, The Croaking, Race with the Demon, and Eye of the Chimera easily are my choices there).