View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #35
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
We can but hope Ciro apparently seemed to think that someone might try to pick up the series again later.

Although I'm not 100% sold on the AU theory I did notice something interesting looking back at the earlier episodes.

Battle for NYC part 1, the Kraang are preparing a large mutagen rocket with the intent of terraforming Earth and its population. The main 'bulb' at the head of the rocket bears quite a strong resemblance to the glimpses of the mutagen bomb we see in the Apocalypse arc flashbacks.

As a rocket, the lower section could well have been designed to fall away and allow the warhead to fall independently onto its target - it occurred to me that it does kind of back up the theory that Apocalypse is an AU splitting from the main story at this point. Theoretically, the Kraang manage to stop the turtles from preventing the launch and destroy the planet in the process.

Personally Im still not sold on the idea, but it was an interesting detail I had to admit added some weight to the concept.
I had the same thought. But thinking about it, during that episode the whole population of NYC was turned into Kraang-freaks. I'm pretty sure the little 2D flashback showed regular pedestrians getting slimed and mutating.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote