Old 02-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #81
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Well found...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Eh, I'd be down with a "black Bruce Wayne" au. There'd be a lot to explore there.

Same with the new April. I think there's a lot more to examine in a black girl living in New York than a white girl. Not that this version would explore that side of her life very much, but I could see sprinkles of it.
And just because she's black, it doesn't mean every other version of her is changed forever. It's just this version, and some depictions in Mirage depending on the artist. Personally, even being white myself, I'd be content with her being any race. So long as she's not a drawing that's been brought to life in-canon. Or discovers she's half alien and nothing is really done with that except for giving her powers that her alien counterparts don't have.
So long as she's not stripped of her literal humanity, she could be Native American and I would be happy. I would welcome that with open arms. Mixed race Native/Black kinda pushes into paralleling a little too much with Elisa Maza from Gargoyles. As awesome as she was, it would be best not to give her a Mini Me with turtles.

While it is funny to assume the bat might be Casey Jones, I doubt it just a little bit. Now, he could be a ghost living in the bat if they're going with a "spirit realm" angle. Which...actually does sound interesting.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-05-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote