View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #16
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
I'm looking for honest opinions. I'm thinking of buying my first "expensive" TMNT set, and I'd like to know everyone's take on which company gives the most value-for-dollar, and why.

I've read that Mondo's figures had loose joints, that Neca's 1990 movie figures had some quality control issues, and that 3A didn't really look great in-hand.
So, has the demand for the greatest turtle figure been filled by any of the companies out there, or is there still a need for a better product?

Should I invest in what's been made, or wait for something better to come along?
Honestly? Get the NECA series 1 bootlegs for less than $50 for a complete set. Red teams and rainbow teams are available for the same price.

The NECA 1990 1/4 scale figures will still run about 100/turtle and they are SUPER LARGE, and thus need lots of space.

If you want a complete set of figures the SDCCC 2017 NECA 8 pack is pretty sweet as well, but SH Figuarts turtles and Gokin Krang is the way to go for that scale IMO.

This covers, FW series, 1990 movie, and the OG Comics. If you want something in the 4kids iteration, it looks like the DreamEX line might be your best bet, but for 2012 line you are missing the Revoltech turtles. Very awesome line.

Really it just comes down to which turtles were your favorite and what kind of space you have to display them. the 1/4 scale will need an entire beer fridge worth of space to display (laying on its side of course)

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote