View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
Her being drawn cute isn't the issue. She's a fox, not a wolf. She should be more of a sleek assassin vs a hulking brute (which the Foot have more than enough of). In fact, I think the best she's ever looked was in her villain macro. The issue is more her personality and role in the story. After Northhampton, she never again had any major arcs with Shredder or the Foot, despite getting revenge on him being her apparent motivation. After freeing herself from Kitsune, she never went after the Pantheon, despite possibly getting spiritual powers that might help against them. Even when she got accidentally stuck in Toad Baron's lair, she just more or less went along for the ride.

Which brings me to my point. Every time she's paired with Angel, she loses her personality and relevance to the plot. Becoming just a sidekick with a fairly childish personality. I actually really liked her team up with Raph when infiltrating Null's facility, because she seemed to be the straight edge to his brashness. And she found a purpose in wanting to liberate other mutants from evil organizations. But now here we are, back with Angel. And she wants to try a sweet move she learned from Black Panther. Oops! There's nothing to the dynamic between those two that we don't already get from the turtles.
I'm going to go with this on Alopex issues.
(And yeah, she's not a wolf, she doesn't have much choice but to be tiny and cute)

It's not the fact that she changed sides that drains her, it's just being relegated to Angel's sidekick.

Though...that moment of her clinging to a back of a moving car and forcing it to steer off course is very much an Alopex thing. Need to ruin a vehicle? Get her to do it.