View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

There's still a bit of a difference with Spider-Man and say... Slash. Slash has never been ret-conned. They're all different versions.

Spider-Man, Batman, Captain America, the whole lot, all started eons ago... and they're supposed to be the same characters back then as they are now. The reason there are so many crises and retcons and One More Days is to somehow streamline, undo, reset and what-have-you for the sake of continuing the story. You know there will never be a final issue of Batman. It has to keep going somehow. The longer it goes, there will always be a Crisis here and a New 52 there to reset things or say 'this happened but 75 years of history only happened within 5 years comic time' and so forth for the sake of continuing Batman for the next 75 years. I mean geez, they even wiped Stephanie Brown out of existence and say Tim was Red Robin from the start to streamline how many Robins there have been.

The Turtles have never had a long on-going series that went for over 40 years and is up to issue 344 or so. The Archie comics is probably the closest they ever had. Weren't those final 2 issues meant to kinda start over and retcon junk for the sake of continuing the comics for a few more years. Hell, Sonic is over 250 issues now and they went through a lot of retcon hoops and universal resets to somehow turn their 90's Robotnik into the modern day Eggman.

So until the Turtles have one true comic series that surpasses 500 issues and starts doing crap like resetting the universe so April and Casey can be 20 again, make Angel appear in over 100 issues and then wipe her from existence, and have the Turtles become world reknown heroes that can walk around like regular people and then have some kind of One More Day reset to make them back into ninjas hiding in the shadows to have the series last for another 500 issues..... Slash and company really aren't being rectonned. They're just completely different characters in a completely different universe.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote