View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #86
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, all the modern stuff gives them different designs/heights/skin.

Tell me you don't know who's who in this?
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/...1ecec8dc_o.png

Those examples are crap, too TurtleGuy. The one from the Leo ish: Leo is obvious and Raph is the one with no mask (which is obvious if you actually read the book). The other two aren't talking so it dosen't matter. On top of that, it's in black and white anyways! So pretend they're in rainbow gear if you want.

The only example I've ever found where you really can't tell who is who is Tales v.1 #1, but only at the beginning.
It's beautiful! I would love to make this my new profile pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
I think the '80s cartoon has pretty much replaced Mirage as the source material. Multicolored masks? Love of pizza? Shredder being the Darth Vader of the franchise and clashing with the Turtles on a regular basis? Leonardo being the official leader? Those are pretty much unbreakable laws of the franchise today.
That is incorporating well-known elements into further incarnations. Even then, the later incarnations such as the films, 2k3, Nick, and to an extent NT: TNM have mostly based their material off of Mirage than the Fred Wolf toon. Also whether it was official or not, Leo has always taken the responsibility of leadership in any way he could.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote