View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 10:16 AM   #95
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not exactly. Shredder in the FW cartoon wasn't really Darth Vader as much as he was Elmer Fudd.
To put it another way, Mirage Shredder was killed off in issue one (and was only resurrected twice). The idea of him living and having a constant feud with the Turtles was invented by the '80s cartoon and has carried over to pretty much every other adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Might sound like a strange way to start off my argument but most of the things you mentioned are rather superficial, multicolored masks and pizza aren't that important in the grand scheme of things. I've said this before but I feel it's worth repeating, tonally speaking (and storywise) the Fred Wolf cartoon is pretty much ignored, where in the FW cartoon did anything like this happen?

And how many times did things like this happen?
Well, the masks have been pretty much used ever since, so if they're not that important, why is that? The pizza, I suppose.

While the rest of TMNT may never gone as goofy as the '80s show, from my experience, most subsequent installments are far more lighthearted than Mirage is, which is probably thanks to the '80s cartoon.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote