View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Ahem.

I've repeatedly said, I'm sensitive to why some people feel they "can't" speak up when these things are fresh.

That doesn't change the FACT that it's still the right thing to do, and IF events had happened as Ford claims, and IF she had tried to do something about it then, there'd at least be a trail of evidence to follow.

Doing what's right is ALWAYS harder than closing your eyes and suffering in silence. It's STILL the right thing to do. No amount of "I feel so bad for you" is ever going to change that. Silence enables the abuser to hurt other people, which frankly is pretty evil in and of itself. "Well, I *WISH* I could have done something, and I know they've hurt many more people since then... but I just couldn't say anything, because Reasons." I'm sure that's great consolation to the other people who get abused by the exact same person; knowing they could have been stopped way earlier by someone else but it was "just too hard".

I do have empathy, but there's a place where empathy stops and common sense takes over. So please, don't try and pull that victim-blaming stuff with me. That's not who I am. I'm just a pragmatist.

Meanwhile, Juanita Broaddrick has been telling her story for DECADES, complete with people who completely swear to the details, but she's been victim-shamed and called all kinds of names because... well, because people like Slick Willy, despite the overwhelming pile of evidence that he's a monster for many reasons. "But he's so CHARMING!"

It never fails to amuse me how partisan politics play such a big role in shaping peoples' supposed "morality". People don't actually care about justice being done, you just want your side to get ahead and for the other side to all be "Bad Guys." It'd be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote