View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Atari felt like an ancient console to me when I was a kid and it was only ten years old, the equivalent of the PS3/Wii right now, I wonder if kids today think of the Wii and PS3 as ancient history as well.

I still got into Atari later in life though, I was always a fan of a few games which I played later incarnations of in other consoles and I got the second Atari Flashback console which is now like a decade ago now that I think about it and I fell in love with the console, the games are very simple but very fun for a game or two. And playing with the joystick is so satisfying.

I hadn't seen this thread but like I posted in the general discussion thread, this console won't be competing with the Sony or Microsoft, it's impossible unless they made a deal with say Amazon or Apple which I don't see happening. I also don't think this will be another of those classic Flashback consoles since they've released those pretty much every year for a a decade. I'm guessing it'll be a cheap tablet like product like the Nvidia shield or Switch and compete in that market.

I have to say I'm excited because I'm thinking it could be a fun little gaming product that they release and it could be cheapish around the $100 range. But who knows maybe it's just them licensing the name for some gaming PCs and that comment was only for attention not because they're really making a big hardware product. I'm sure Sega is looking at what they do though to get ideas, because the only way Sega is making new hardware would be on a smaller level that doesn't compete with the big 3.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote